Are you looking for a new vacuum that is versatile and fulfills all your cleaning needs? You can learn about some of the best rated vacuums to help you decide which vacuum is best for you. Comparison shopping is one of the greatest ways to find the vacuum with the features you need and at the price you want to pay. When comparing vacuums, don’t forget to read what other customers have to say about each vacuum. Customer reviews are an excellent way to find out how each vacuum measured up for them and if they would recommend the vacuum to other fellow consumers.
Hoover Platinum Collection Upright Lightweight Bagged with Canister, UH30010COM
A vacuum that has several features that may be appealing to you as an upright vacuum is the Hoover Collection Lightweight Upright with Canister.
- Lightweight and powerful with a 12 amp motor for heavy-duty suction and pick-up.
- Wind Tunnel with direct air-flow technology means fast action and efficient cleaning for you.
- Comes with 2 speeds and this Hoover won’t leave you in the dark trying to find the vacuum’s controls with the illuminated fingertip control buttons.
- Comes with an easy to empty and clean canister, a self-sealing HEPA bag to keep dirt, debris and dander locked in, and a check-bag indicator light to let you know when the bag is full.
- Multiple brushes for floor variety cleaning options: dusting brush, bare floor brush, crevice tool and telescopic wand for reaching into high or far-away corners.
- Measurements of the vacuum are: 15½ x 13 x 45 inches.
- Comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
What customers say:
It is always helpful to hear what other customers have to say about a product. Their insight and experience with the product can help you decide if you think it would be a good purchase for you.
Many customers are in agreement that this vacuum will suit specific people that include those who need or prefer a lightweight vacuum and want a detachable canister for even easier maneuvering from room to room. Those who live in mostly carpeted homes, have stairs or need a variety of cleaning tools will find the Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Vacuum with Canister a good choice for them. Other positive features customers love are the size of the collection bag and the HEPA filter that captures and seals everything, leaving the home cleaner and healthier. There was some discontent from one customer who claimed the tools fell off the vacuum easily and was a little noisier than what was anticipated. Overall, The Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright received 4 ½ stars.
Hoover Windtunnel Air Upright Bagless, UH70400
The Hoover Windtunnel Air is one of the best rated vacuums and for good reason. Keep reading to learn about the vacuum’s features and what customers have to say about it.
- Lightweight vacuum weighing only 12 pounds. This makes this vacuum the lightest full-size bagless upright vacuum of the Hoover vacuum collection.
- Built with the Windtunnel technology that gives the vacuum the power and suction to pull even the toughest embedded dirt and debris buried in fibers and fabrics. The Windtunnel technology also prevents blowback action which is the blowing of dirt and debris back out onto the floor.
- Easy to fit hose and attachments with a one-touch release for ease of attaching all onboard tools.
- An automatic brush shut-off happens when the vacuum is put into the upright position.
- A built-in multi-cyclonic filtration system with a rinsable HEPA filter made of HEPA material. This system will trap 99.97% of dust, dirt and allergens to 0.3 microns.
What customers say:
Many customers agree the Hoover Windtunnel Air Bagless is a great vacuum for the price. Other positive comments were that the vacuum has strong suction and easily picks up dog hair, cat fur, bird feathers, litter and seeds. It easily transfers from one type of flooring to the next, is lightweight and easy to maneuver. Cleaning the filter and canister are simple and not messy. If you need a quiet vacuum, this one is low on the noise factor according to many customers and offers a long cord for travel from room to room. Some customers found the hose assembly was a bit difficult and sometimes pieces of debris, particularly long debris like string, can get wrapped up around the filter cone in the canister. For all the positive features, this vacuum was one of the best rated with 4 stars.
Panasonic “Jet Force Bagless” Upright Vacuum, MC-UL425, Dynamic Blue & Black finish
Another top rated vacuum that offers many features is the Panasonic “Jet Force Bagless” Vacuum Cleaner, Dynamic Blue & Black finish.
- 12 amps of power give this lightweight vacuum exceptional power for easy cleaning.
- Air Turbine system for a pet-friendly clean up vacuum.
- Cyclonic filterless cup that collects and handles dust particles easily. Also designed with a HEPA Media Filter System for capturing the smallest particles of dust, dirt, debris and dander.
- Shutoff for the bare floor agitator. Also includes an automatic carpet height adjuster to clean various types from shag to Berber.
- Built with soft wheels for scratch protection on sensitive flooring.
- 24 foot cord reel.
- Dual active edge cleaner to reach hard to reach edges along baseboards, etc.
What customers say:
This is a lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum that moves easily and freely. The onboard attachments remove and attach with ease. They also store well. If you need quick carpet cleanups, this is a good vacuum for the job. You can also vacuum fringes easily – on rugs and carpets, without sucking them up, but still use caution when going over delicate fringe. The retractable cord is a great length, especially for a small unit. One issue you may want to consider is that the vacuum was found to have issues with changing carpet heights and may be difficult to maneuver over mats without rubber backings. If you want a quick dry filter in your vacuum, you can expect this filter to take 24 hours to dry. All in all, this vacuum rates 4 stars among customers.